Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year in the Auto repiar business ASE Certified
7276279

Im Chavez, my 2012 hyundai santa fe was stolen a while back

Customer Question

Hi , im jason Chavez, my 2012 hyundai santa fe was stolen a while back and now was wondering if l can reset the anti theft
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If the car will not start with none of the keys then in order to reset the system you are going to need a scan tool. This can be done by your dealer and in some cases your local lock smith providing he has the proper equipment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my car doesn't turn on it just takes several times of cranking and it turns on runs move all electrical work just a stereo does not work and my alarm key doesn't work
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If the alarm was active the engine would not start, the system was likely damaged when it was stolen. In order to determine what is causing this you are going to need to start with a scan of the system to see what fault codes are setting.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I meant, it does drive, it turns on, but it take several tryes , it run good but I have no radio, and I had to remove horn fuse
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If it does fine start then its not likely an alarm problem, if the alarm was active it should not start. The problem with the radio would not affect the running. It may have been damaged when it was stolen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But when I put fuse back on and turn on car it triggers the horn and hazzard lights, my remote to lock and unlock don't work, so what can it be
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If the horn and hazard light are active then the alarm is active and in order to know why it will not disarm you are going to need to have the system scanned and the fault code retrieved to know where to even start to repair it. If the remote is not working that is likely why you can not disarm it.