FIX  IT MAN
FIX IT MAN, Master Technician
Experience:  Master Automotive Technician
1627031

My 2011 lost its charge while driving to Santa yesterday.

Customer Question

my 2011 lost its charge while driving to Santa Barbara yesterday. The battery is 2 mo. old. AAA driver gave me a boost the santa fe started right up. We let it idle for several minutes and checked the alternator, starter and battery everything checked out! Makes no sense! I charged the battery last night it has a full charge. No problems today, so far! Afraid to leave town!
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  FIX IT MAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** would recommend taking the vehicle to a place like autozone and ask them to load test the battery. Though AAA sells good batteries their testers don't always do as good of a test as autozone can. If the autozone test shows bad call AAA back and tell them and they will replace the battery. Even a new battery can be defective.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** only gave one choice; not worth $20.00!!!!!
Expert:  FIX IT MAN replied 1 year ago.

If you want more options then I am happy to give it to you. I gave you the most likely issue. The only other thing I have seen on this car is either an intermittent alternator charge, which is not common, or a failing positive battery cable. A resistance test of this cable would show if it was bad, but I really think it is the battery.