Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year in the Auto repiar business ASE Certified
7276279

2000 Accent GL Sedan 1.5. Canister Close Valve not closing.

Customer Question

2000 Accent GL Sedan 1.5. Canister Close Valve not closing. Code PO442 present. 0 volts present key on\off. I ascertained wiring diagram online without inclusion of this circuit. I realize CCV should be energized with key off to prevent fuel vapor/pressure to escape. Is the CCV controlled via a relay/fuse/fusible link/ECU? I am in need of electrical diagram for this circuit or flow chart. Note: purge control solenoid is operational. Thanks. Tom D.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The code P0442 can be set due to any of the following ,
Canister Purge Control Valve
Canister Vacuum Hoses
Charcoal Canister
Evaporative Emission Control System (EVAP) Canister Closed Valve
Fuel Filler Cap
Fuel Tank O-Ring
Hyundai has released a service bulletin with the proper steps to test and pinpoint this code. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Service%20bulliten%20Aug%208.pdf