Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Hyundai Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Hyundai Diagnostics
18617752

My 2004 Tiburon had code153 on state inspection??

Customer Question

Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

The P0153 is a fairly straight forward code pointing to a fault with the Oxygen Sensor for Bank2 Sensor1. The sensor is mounted to the exhaust manifold, just above the converter, on the side of the engine closest to the front of the vehicle (click here for an image). Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. Make sure there are no exhaust leaks in the system. If the visual inspection checks ok, replacing the sensor should solve the problem. Please do the right thing and remember to leave a rating using the rating system at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions any time, even after you rate or accept. Remember, your rating is required.