George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

I was in stop and go traffic suddenly esc light and check

Customer Question

Hi I was in stop and go traffic suddenly esc light and check engine
light they both came up and could not go faster than 20 mpr and also the rpm was not good as welll just want to know what is the problem ? Thank u
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  I. Silva replied 1 year ago.

Hello...welcome and thank you for using Justanswer.

This is what we call limp mode , your vehicle computer detected a problem and for your vehicle/engine safe it only allows you to drive at safe speed to the nearest repair shop.

Unfortunately ,there are several things that can set our engine light ON ,you will need to scan the vehicle to see what kind of trouble code comes up and then you just have to fallow the code description and fix the problem.

The esc light is related to the engine light ,as soon as you fix the engine light problem the other light will go off as soon as you clear the code.

You can stop at any major auto parts store and they will scan the vehicle for you at no charge ,then if you need , bring the code to me and I will tell you the next step to fix the problem.

Good luck.

Let me know.

Thank you.