George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

My 2011 sonata has 96000.ive replaced the bat,starter,and

Customer Question

my 2011 sonata has 96000.ive replaced the bat,starter,and alternator now about 5000 later it doesn't start unless jumped.and even then as soon as i push on the break it stalls. any ideas??
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  I. Silva replied 1 year ago.

Hello...welcome and thank you for using Justanswer.

Well as the first step you need to check the vehicle charging system and the battery .

It sounds like when you step on the brake you are draining the voltage needed to the engine sensors/electric parts to work.

First step, check for the alternator performance ,make sure is charging above 13.5 volts.

The battery ,you will need to perform a load test, this is the only way you can find out if all the cells are good, other wise ,you may have the 12 volts there but if a cell is bad ,it may fail under a load ,like when cranking the engine.

Good luck.

Let me know.

Thank you.