sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2011 Hyundai Accent. It won't start. The engine

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Hyundai Accent. It won't start. The engine will crank but not turn over
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are many things that can cause a crank/no start condition. You may be missing spark due to a loss of cam or crank sensor signal, a coil, wiring or engine controller issue, or even incorrect cam timing.
You may also be missing fuel pressure due to a failed pump or wiring issue.
The first thing I would recommend is seeing if you can hear the fuel pump run when the key is first turned on. If the fuel pump doesn't run then it would be a good idea to check for spark next, if spark and fuses are good then the pump's power and ground would need to be checked.
If you have no spark then the next step will be checking for communication with a scan tool, and seeing what fault codes are set. Almost any issue that will cause a loss of spark will set a fault code and that will ive a starting point for diagnosis.