Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year in the Auto repiar business ASE Certified
7276279

I have a 2007 Sonata that stalled

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Sonata that stalled for no apparent reason and restarted easily but now I'm afraid to drive it any distance. What could be the problem? I had only been driving for about two minutes. I stopped at a light and turned right and it just shut off. I coasted to the side of the road and put it in park and started it back up. I drove it for about five minutes with no problem.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In most cases when the computer system sees a fault it will set and store a fault code and if the engine stalled the computer system should have picked up the problem. In order to determine what caused it to stall the first thing you need to do is to have the computer system scanned and see if there was a fault code set. Most Auto Part stores beside those in California such as Auto Zone will run a scan for you at no charge. If you can get this done and post back with the results I can advise you from there.