George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Hyundai Santa Fe: after a repair (crank case sensor) car will

Customer Question

after a repair (crank case sensor) car will not allow inspection OBD indicates catalyst monitoring not completed, ox sensor not completed, ox sensor heater not completed I have driven the car almost 400 miles and still shows same condition I have read that this is common WHY? and how do I reconcile? Help! please
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ricardo Hohl replied 1 year ago.
Hi welcome to just answers . T he reason for the monitors to stay on is because the 02 sensors heater, and 02 sensor performance monitor test have fail after tree global trips and continues to fail until you fix this problem the cat monitor is also on because the 02 sensor failures.
the 02 sensor has a heater failure wich is causing an 02 sensor reading problem and this is upseting the catalist monitor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This reply is almost like no reply at all. It is certainly not worth $20. My diagnostic tool does not indicate a defective sensor and the check engine light is not on, the recommended repair by Car MD is to drive the car to reset the computer. I would have expected a reset sequence as your answer or why it could not be reset. I want a technical answer and please answer the entire question!