George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Hyundai Elantra GL: I have a 2009 Hyundia elantra.. Could

Customer Question

I have a 2009
Hyundia elantra.. Could not find my keys my friend pulled my shift gear in N to move it back. Then he was able to put it back into park.
Here's the problem- when I found my keys , they started the car but the park gear went down to drive and Neutral. But will not go back into reverse or park
I have given it my strength. It is currently in neutral wit my emergency brakes up. Need help
1. What has happened?
2. Is it fixable
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,If you look above the shift indicator levers, there should be a slot or small piece of plastic that you can pop out. I need you to pop it out, then use a small screwdriver and push it into the hole. While pushing down, try to put the car into park.Please try this and let me know.