George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Hyundai Sonata SE: 2007 sonata "6",91000km, (after over nigh

Customer Question

2007 sonata "6",91000km, (after over night) a cold start the car runs but will not excelerate, until i turn it off and restart, this started 2 wks ago, but yesterday i had to pull over 2 or 3 times and restart. Robert
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ricardo Hohl replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to just answers . My name is ***** ***** you check for codes stored on the computer, does the engine light stays on or flashes on and of aqt any time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not checked codes, The engine light has been on I have not turned it of since I replaced a sensor in March, behind the rear wheel, on the gas tank side. thats some I will get done but hoped you could supply info to help me understand the problem. Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Engine light does not flash, after i replaced the sensor ,should have taken it back to mechanic to turn of light,he told me it was not nessessary because the problem was not harmfull and because he always wants to keep my car overnight its inconveinient. But the car runs well other than the start up,pushing down the gas peddle does not excellerate the engine, until i turn it off which resets codes i guess.and its away.