George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Hyundai Elantra blue: I have a 2010 Hyundai Elantra. The check

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Hyundai Elantra. The check engine light just came on while I'm driving and its solid. I did not just getting gas . Is it indicating something serious and or expensive?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  I. Silva replied 1 year ago.
Hello...welcome and thank you for using Justanswer.Unfortunately there are several thing that can set a code and turn your check engine light ON.The first thing you need to do is scanning the engine computer to see what kind of trouble code comes up, to do so you will need a scanner or code reader.If you don't have any of them you can just stop at any to parts store and they will scan it for you at no charge.After you get the trouble code ,you can just fallow the code definition and fix the problem or you can bring me the code and I will tell you the next step to fix it. Good luck.let me know.Thank you.