Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

Hyundai Tiburon GT: I have an 07 Hundayi Tiburon 5 speed manual.

Customer Question

I have an 07 Hundayi Tiburon 5 speed manual. As I was getting off the freeway the car had a hard time downshifting into second gear. It did get into second great but the clutch petal stayed down and would not return. The vehicle was still running and I was actually able to shit back up into third by match the rpms but the clutch petal would not return. I pulled over and pulled the petal back up and it came out but now will not go down passed halfway depressed and will not turn back on (because the petal can go down to disengage the neutral safety switch.)
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Kevin sorry to hear about your troubles it sounds very much like the clutch pressure plate has failed requiring the gearbox to be removed to replace clutch unit . If you look at clutch pedal and follow up you will see the switch it just has a button that is pressed in so the car can start if you press this car will run but you won't be able to engage a gear anyway .
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Please remember to rate my service