George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Hyundai Spectra: My daughter has a 2009 spectra. This last

Customer Question

My daughter has a 2009 spectra. This last Sunday the ac stopped working. Monday morning she said it worked but by afternoon it didn't work again. Today she took it to the dealer and they said she needs a new ac compressor. They order the part and it should be in tomorrow. However, this evening she drove home (about 30 min) and she says it worked perfectly the whole time. I really don't want to spend $1200. Any ideas on what to look for?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ricardo Hohl replied 1 year ago.
Hi welcome to just answers, I also would question that compressor failure because when the compressor goes, it goes all at ones not intermittent as you said is happening, i very much dont believe is the compressor, i believe is either the hi pressure or low pressure switch cycling the compressor of do to a possible clogged system or a bad switch.
you should have the system evacuated vacuum and recharge and see if that will alleviate that problem first before putting over 1k on it.
by performing this service with a good tech he will be able to see the hi and low side readings and be able to tell you what really the problem is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Very good. I will do that. Thank you for the help Ricardo
is not a problem at all ... ...always here to lay a hand ...look me up again if you still need help thank you and good night.