Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, Master Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Technician with 35 years experience
36867192

Hyundai Sante Fe XL: I own a 2013 Sante Fe Hyundai. It has

Customer Question

I own a 2013 Sante Fe Hyundai. It has about 52,000 kms on it. Tonight, I tried to raise the left side passenger window. It came up about 5 inches and seemed to be jammed. I would lower the window and raise it again. It always stopped at the same point. I then lubricated the window tracks, but that didn't do anything. What could be the problem? Thanks!
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.
a failed window regulator , please accept and rate my answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply. So, what is a window regulator? Where is this located? And, approximately how much do they cost? Are these things typically on warrenty? Is this usually a stock item at a dealer? Thanks again.
It is behind the door panel and attaches to both the motor and the glass, a window regulator is a series of pulleys and a cable that cause the window to go up and down when the motor is commanded. pleas accept and rate my answer, this repair is best left to a professional if you have never replaced one. they range in price between 150-300 dollars and are available only from the dealer.