K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Asian Import Specialist, ASE Certified Technician AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

Having problem removing lower ball joint, 2005 hyundai xg3

Customer Question

having problem removing lower ball joint, 2005 hyundai xg350
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'll post the procedure for removing it at the link below. Let me know where you are running into problems and I'll be glad to help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is the special tool
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is my problem everything else is easy i just cannot seperate from lower arm
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.
Tool(###) ###-####is basically just a two jaw gear puller. You should be able to borrow one from most parts stores loan a tool program. Once you get the puller tighten it down by hand and hit the side of the control arm to help break the press fit of the ball joint. Do that and tighten the puller with a ratchet and socket and keep repeating the hammer blows and tightening. They can be a real bear to get off, but that's how it's done. The puller is diffintely a requirement.