Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 yrs. experience on all makes and models. Factory trained for Subaru and Nissan.
2921078

I have a 2007 Azera with 154,000 miles on it and the check engine ligh

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Azera with 154,000 miles on it and the check engine light came on.How do I turn it off or can there be something wrong?
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I PAID $5 TO GET AN ANSWER FROM A MECHANIC ABOUT MY 2007 AZERA AND NOT A 7 DAY FREE TRIAL FOR $30.tHIS IS NOT THE RIGHT THING TO DO TO SOMEONE WHO JUST WANTS AN ANSWER AND NOT A FREE TRIAL PERIOD
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am sorry your question has sat for so long.Basically when the check engine light comes on it means there is an issue with one of the monitored systems. A scan tool or code reader is required to turn the light off, but in most cases you have to repair the problem to get the light to stay off. The light being on means there is a code stored. We use the scan tool or code reader to recover the code to give us a place to start looking for the problem. There are over 500 different codes and causes for this to occur. So, I cannot sit here and tell you what is wrong with the car without the stored code. But I can tell you that yes, there is a problem with the car and the check engine light does need to be checked to find out what that problem may be.Again, I am sorry that no one got to your question sooner, but please let me know if you need anything else.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got the answer that I needed. Cancel my 7 day trial membership asap.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
I can get customer service involved for you to take care of that. You will be charged a single question fee however, so if my info was useful please rate.