Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 yrs. experience on all makes and models. Factory trained for Subaru and Nissan.
2921078

Hyundai Santa Fe: Husband has a 2001 Santa Fe when driving

Customer Question

Husband has a 2001 Santa Fe when driving it always rattles but yesterday as he was going around a right curve heard a clunking sound that stopped when he straightened the steering wheel. Any ideas
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This sounds like a possible CV joint issue. If you can look at the axles behind the front tires you might see a torn CV boot. This would cause the problem.Also, if there is a weak engine or transmission mount, it's possible that is is moving and rubbing on the frame.Check these and let me know.Please let me know if there is more I can do to assist you with this.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.