sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Hyundai: Why won't the power windows work in my hyundia tu

Customer Question

Why won't the power windows work in my hyundia tucson
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
You may have a handful of thing going on and it may take some electrical testing to determine where the problem is. You may be able to find the problem visually though.
If the windows stopped working individually the most likely cause would be failed window motors, but it could be multiple wiring or switch issues.
I'm assuming that all windows stopped at once. If all windows stopped working at once then the most likely cause would be wiring, although it could be the master switch.
When you open the driver's door you will note a boot between the door and body. This is where the door harness runs to the body harness. This wiring flexes each time the door is opened and closed and can eventually break. If a power or ground to the master switch has broken then it will cause a loss of all windows at once.