Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 yrs. experience on all makes and models. Factory trained for Subaru and Nissan.
2921078

Hyundai Sante Fe: I replaced the left rear wheel bearing (dry

Customer Question

I replaced the left rear wheel bearing (dry bearing noise). Ran it up on the rack to make sure noise was gone and the abs,traction and 4wd (flashing lights are on as soon as I ran it in gear. i do not have the appropriate scan tool to clear the lights. Nearest dealer is 700 miles. Is there another way to clear the lights?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Have you driven the car?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a short distance. 2-3 miles
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, sometimes the system will reset itself once it's driven so I wanted to check.Can you be 100% sure there wasn't any damage to the tone ring or wheel speed sensor on the bearing you replaced? The codes should have reset when you drove it.You could disconnect the battery for 24 hours, that would give the back up batteries in the control modules time to drain so it would clear the codes, but if they come back on I would consider that there might be damage to one of the abs components on the side that was replaced.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.