George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

I have a 2004 sonata that has an intermittent starting problem.

Customer Question

I have a 2004 sonata that has an intermittent starting problem. sometimes it will start right away and other-times it won't turn over as if no electricity to starter.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.
.
Does it have voltage to the starter when the key is turned?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jerry, I don't know. The car is at a Hyundai dealership and they have failed to identify the problem for 2 days now. I can only assume that they checked that. Also, I failed to specify that it is a V6 if that makes any difference.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also it has 109,000 miles on car and I bought it used 5 days ago
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
So, the dealer is fixing it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They say they are trying but after 2 full days of working on it, no success. It is now the start of day 3 and I am losing confidence in them. I am afraid they are going to start replacing parts just to see if that "might" work and I cannot afford parts on a "maybe".
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have since found out that this particular dealership does not have a very good service record and their reviews are not very good.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
I know what you mean. I wish there was a way for me to know what the problem is.
I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.
.