Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 yrs. experience on all makes and models. Factory trained for Subaru and Nissan.
2921078

Hyundai Genisis: Genisis 4.6 2009 - when i hit the gas pedal

Customer Question

Genisis 4.6 2009 - when i hit the gas pedal i get no RPM's and the car does not move
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Is the check engine light on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it did come on and the dealer did something and said it was fixed . 2 days later I had same problem and a new one driving at 65MPH the RPM's stayed at 4
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, when you say the car doesn't move, do you mean it won't move at all or it won't accelerate?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it wont accelerate
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I can't be sure what the dealer did, but it sounds like you have either an issue with the throttle body or the pedal position sensor. Since whatever they did was good for a couple of days, it seems to me that it would be a wiring issue. I personally think you should take it back since you had it repaired and it wasn't resolved. Most likely you paid for it to be repaired and they didn't fix it.The car sounds like it is in limp mode and this would be caused by one of the two items I mentioned.Please let me know what more I can do to help here.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.