peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Hyundai Santa Fe Sport: 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SportPlz

Customer Question

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Plz help! While pulling the left sides backseat drop down lever, located in the rear cargo area, my very loosely fit wedding band slipped off and fell down into the little hole. I have to get it out and would prefer my DH never knew it left my finger! Lol
However, I am concerned that I might damage the lever or worse if I continue without some advice. I am no stranger to automotive repairs as far as the engine and odd mechanical issues are concerned, but am not a pro at bodywork and interior removals. I have until noon😨 to hopefully retrieve it b4 I have lunch with DH........PLZZZZZZ help me out of this pickle I've gotten myself into if you can. I will personally call Hyundai and sing your praises if you think it's possible to get that ring back on my finger! Much thanks in advance.
Ps...cool website, wish I had found it sooner☺
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I don't know if you retrieved the ring yet or not but in some cases you can use a coat hanger with a small bend in it or some mechanics wire with a bend like a small hook and try and work this into the hole to see if you can retrieve it this way.If this is not an option or did not work let me know.
Thanks Pete