George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Hyundai Santa Fe: I have a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe that will

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe that will not shift nor start. My wife was able to use the shift lock release to get the transmission into neutral and start the vehicle. She parked the vehicle and (while it was still running) placed it into reverse. The vehicle is now stuck in the +/- (manual) range and will not start nor shift. Thoughts?
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have cancelled my membership - please do not answer this question as I will not pay for an answer at this time.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chris - thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I needed a quick reply as my wife was stuck with the vehicle. We wound up having it towed to the nearest Hyundai dealer. As an aside, I thought there was a person live on your end based on a chat box that popped up either before or as I was typing my question in. I realize now that it was a misleading automated device used to encourage people to place a question. I should have known better as it seemed a bit too good to be true.
Thanks again, Allan