Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Hyundai Elantra GLS: MY 2013 ELENTRA won't start - the key

Customer Question

MY 2013 ELENTRA won't start - the key will not turn
please adv if this is a DIY project and if you can provide the steps to fix it ?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
More often than not its the steering lock to blame. Set the parking brake and jack both front tires off the ground, now try to turn the steering and wiggle the key to get it to turn and start. If that fails then its the key damaged or the tumblers faulty which will require drilling out the lock cylinder. Let me know if the steering is not to blame. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris