Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year in the Auto repiar business ASE Certified
7276279

Hyundai sonata basic: i spun the crankshaft bearings and need

Customer Question

i spun the crankshaft bearings and need to pull the motor. I don't see that i have enough room to slide it out of the automatic tranny, leaving the tranny there and not having to pull axels and all that. Is there a way i can do it?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Unfortunately do to the lack of clearance you have to remove the engine and trans axle as a complete assembly which also requires removing the sub frame .I have enclosed the factory steps in the link below . Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Engine%20assembly%20Jun%2028.pdf