Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year in the Auto repiar business ASE Certified
7276279

Hyundai Genesis Coupe: 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe A/T 2.0TDrove

Customer Question

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe A/T 2.0T
Drove to work Friday no issues whatsoever, speeds ranging from 0 - 70mph, 7am. Parked and not moved until lunch at 11:30am. R just fine put in D and RPMs just kept climbing would not shift. 2miles and kicked a CEL P0721 and went into limp mode.
CEL code reads Output Speed Sensor, had the speed sensor replaced but issue remains. What could be issue? No warning before issue, worked when it was turned off and next time nothing.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Hyundai has released a service bulletin for the fault code you are getting and the proper test steps to trace and repair it. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below as it likely applies to the problem you are having. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/TSB%20Hun%20Jun%2023.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This bulletin does not apply to my vehicle. That is for the Genesis Sedan, 2012 model. My car is the Genesis Coupe 2011 2.0t

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
I would still check with your dealer to be sure it dose not apply. Provide them with your vin number and they can check it to be sure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

They have the car still.... so they have the VIN. They did not mention anything about this bulletin when I spoke with them yesterday. I will check with them but I dont think this will apply

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
I would check with them to be sure.