Greg
Greg, import technician
Experience:  27 year and 16 year as shop owner, import technician
29331485

Hyundai gensis: Malfunction indicator light came on Saturday

Customer Question

Malfunction indicator light came on Saturday when I started the car, car was cold. Called the dealer at noon, told me not to worry unless the car did not start or was rough running. He though it was related to putting gas in car day before.
When to start car on Sunday would not start. Pissed, because I could have taken into dealership that Saturday afternoon they were open to 9.
What are the possible issues. Its Gensis 2010,
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Lot of possibilities especially when the check engine light comes ON.
The shop should of got you in asap just for a diagnostic scan to see what the problem was then said okay its only a O2 sensor come back Monday or it could of been another issue that would cause you a possible no start like a crank/cam sensor malfunctioning ??
Possible cause for a no start ..
Fuel pressure .
cam / crank sensor .
MAF sensor .
Temp sensor .
And many more sensors ,
To get your vehicle to the shop first try and disconnect the battery for a few minutes ,then try and start if luck will start then get yourself down to the shop.
Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service rate buttons .
This way i can get back to you and suggest other options or suggest another Expert .
Kindest regards Greg