Tims Auto Repair
Tims Auto Repair, Other
Experience:  i have owned my shop for 26 years
14541291

Hyundai Sonata: . My 2003 sonata stalls after driving

Customer Question

Hello. My 2003 sonata stalls after driving for about 10-15 minutes. The tach goes down to 0, then goes back up. When I'm stopped is when it usually stalls.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Tims Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
,Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist you
does it restart and run well after it cools back down?does the engine light stay on?if so,can you give me the computer codes?what engine do you have?tell me all you canthanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a 2.4L four cylinder. I took my car in last week for the same problem, and was told it was a code for camshaft sensor. The sensor was replaced and I got the car back Friday. I had the problem again Saturday and Sundry. Yes, it restarts and runs well after it cools down for about 5-10 minutes. There's no check engine light from the stalling this weekend, yet. Thanks Tim.

ok
i know you got a cam sensor code,,but the common thing that will do this is the crank sensor,,thes will do this sometimes when they go bad and not give a code for it,this is located behind the timing cover near the crank pulley
Parts Information OEM Part # Price
Crankshaft Position Sensor
Crank Angle Sensor (###) ###-####$101.60
Crankshaft Position Sensor
From 9/23/95 (###) ###-####$63.40
TDC Sensor (###) ###-####$112.45
Labor Information Skill Level Mfg. Warranty Standard
Replace
B 2.0 2.9
thanks
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]
.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4eofvij5khbaxp4/0622-sonata-If%20you%20are%20satisfied%20with%20my%20answer.doc?dl=0
.
if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way
thanks
.
www.dropbox.com/s/4eofvij5khbaxp4/0622-sonata-If%20you%20are%20satisfied%20with%20my%20answer.doc?dl=0
.
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tim, I had the crank sensor replaced by the hyundai dealer about 8 months ago. I've also had all the belts, water pump and cam sensor replaced within the last two months. Could it be something else, or should I contact the dealer to have the crack sensor checked? Thanks Tim.

hi
yes,,the new crank sensor may still be bad..
there really isnt anything else but the main computer[pcm] itself..i wouldnt think it is the pcm[from the way you explain]
thanks
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.