Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 yrs. experience on all makes and models. Factory trained for Subaru and Nissan.
2921078

Hyundai veracruz: my headlights dim when I apply brakes I have

Customer Question

my headlights dim when I apply brakes I have a 2008 veracruz
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
HI there,This usually indicates either a bad ground on the system or an alternator/charging issue. When you step on the brakes it puts a load on the engine which will also be a load on the charging system.I would start by having the alternator tested under load, this is with the wipers, headlights and blower on high speed. It should put out a voltage of at least 14.2 when tested this way at idle. Anything less indicates the alternator is starting to fail and should be replaced.If the alternator tests good, then the negative battery cable should be checked at both ends for corrosion.Please let me know what more I can do to help.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.