Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  Line, Electronics, Mobile Electronics over 30 years
1609972

Hyundai santa Fe limited: Cd player shows error message when

Customer Question

Cd player shows error message when trying to play a cd
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.You did not post a year, but if this is Factory Hyundai, then it will need Repaired or Replaced.We Repair these Units a lot & typically it is the Logic Circuit & / or the CD Servo.Repair Est apprx $ 185.00 - 265.00 depending on Shop & Parts.Many times you can find the same Model Unit On-Line, E-Bay, etc for less than Repair.Use of CD Cleaner does no good, so please save your money on that..IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.. Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sequence of buttons I can press to reset the computer?
IF the Unit shows CD Error, there is NO ResetThis is a Logic Control function & until the issue is Repaired or Replaced, the Error will continue to showYou can try a "full reset" by removing the Unit & "completely disconnecting" for apprx 1 minute (not fuse or battery, the Unit only)This can free up the Mechanism, but is NOT a sure thing