Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year in the Auto repiar business ASE Certified
7276279

Hyundai sonata gls: my esc light comes on more frequently now

Customer Question

my esc light comes on more frequently now and I loose power and have a hard time accelerating. Turn car off wait a few seconds and restart and esc light goes out. No codes found. Read a lot of forums with same issue. Does anyone know the cause or how to resolve it
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
When the ESC light comes on the system really should be setting a fault code and or codes. Unfortunately to retrieve and C codes you are going to need a compatible scan tool to retrieve them. A code reader usually will not work. If you can get the actual fault code and or codes and post back , I can help you from there.