Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year in the Auto repiar business ASE Certified
7276279

Hyundai Sonata: i have a sonata 2013 that gives me code c1260

Customer Question

i have a sonata 2013 that gives me code c1260 and c1702; but the dealer says nothing is wrong
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The code C1260 indicates there is a problem with the steering angle circuit .
The code C1702 indicates there is problem with the electronic stability control system. If these codes are present then there IS a problem and in order to determine the cause they need to test both circuits. If this dealer is telling there there is no problem they are wrong and I would seek out a different dealer who will address this problem for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tripleauto had replied with more details on the c1260 code 8 months ago.
But the dealer code reader said this on the c1702: variant coding error, state: history; my code c1260 also stated state: history.
Can you give more explanation.
Can you check if there is any TSB on this issue. If there were one coming out in the future, could you advise me?