Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  30 year ASE Master tech
2947720

Hyundai Van: My 2008 Hyundai van makes a rubbing sound when

Customer Question

My 2008 Hyundai van makes a rubbing sound when I make a right turn.i checked to see if the tire was hitting.could not see anything in the way
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.
.
.
That can very well be a bad wheel bearing. One way to see is to jack up the vehicle and listen to the back of the hubs with a stethoscope, (or a long pipe) while the wheels are turning, (with engine running).
.
Another is to see if the sound changes when you turn into and away from it. A bad bearing on the right side, (front) will be louder when turned to the left, (while moving) and subside when turned to the right. Visa versa for the left side.
.
.
If so then the hub assembly, (with bearings in it) would have to be replaced.
.
.
Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.
.
Thanks
.