Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

2014 sante fe 2.0 turbo, the mil light is on and vehicle has

Customer Question

2014 sante fe 2.0 turbo, the mil light is on and vehicle has very little power. Put a scanner on it and got p2562 code which has to do with the waste gate sensor. Anything I can check to resolve this? If not is it ok to drive to the dealer like this?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Kevin. The only things that can be checked are actuation using diagnostic equipment basically the actuator rod for the waste gate on the turbo is not in the position that the ecu is expecting it to be in so the computer cuts the turbo to prevent damage there are two possible causes either the sensor has failed or the actuator rod on the turbo is starting to seize . You are fine to drive to the dealer as the car has gone into limp home mode to prevent damage to other components