Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  30 year ASE Master tech
2947720

Hyundai XG350 L: How do I turn Off airbag light on 2002 Hyundai

Customer Question

How do I turn Off airbag light on 2002 Hyundai xg350
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome, thank you for using our site. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
.
There are many areas of the SRS or airbag system that will cause the light to come on or blink. You will want to get the code(s) read to see what area the problem is in. Then we will have a better understanding of what the problem may be.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The code says that it's located in the passenger side seat. I believe its the plate under the seat that is causing the light to come on but it just came on today when I went to get it inspected

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
I see, thanks. The PPD, Passenger Presence Detection system.
.
The system is designed primarily to prevent replacement of airbag components that fire needlessly in an accident. The PPD system consists of a weight sensor unit.
.
Located under the seat. After replacing it the SRS system would have to be reset and the code(s) cleared with the scan tool.
.
Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.
.
Thanks and come again, anytime.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is there any way to turn off the light on the dash without replacing that component

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Not normally Willie if there is a problem in it but sometimes if you unplug them at the connector and plug them back in, the code can be cleared with a scan tool and the light stays off until it sees the problem arise again, sorry to have to say.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How do I unplug it at the connector and where is it located

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Normally we get paid for the original answer(s) before any follow ups, but that is the electrical connector directly under the passenger seat. Here is a link to a sketch of the location, thanks
.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6mwqz4iurm3dyzc/PPD.gif?dl=0
.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Customer Satisfaction and an Excellent Rating are my #1 goals. I would also value having you as a regular customer. Anything else you need I am here to assist you.