Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Hyundai Sonata Sport Deluxe: My Bluetooth access is requesting

Customer Question

My Bluetooth access is requesting me to input my valid username. I have tried several different entries but they keep responding as invalid. Can you check my vehicle and advise what user name I used previously? I don't want to change the password ***** If I have the user name it should be OK for me to connect.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If your Bluetooth device was recently reset, it might possibly be asking you to enter *any* user name, in order to set-up Bluetooth access parameters again.
As it is... where is the prompt to enter username occurring or being seen? on a screen, no doubt, but which screen, of which device?
And what are the exact words of the prompt? please note them, and quote them for me.
I am sorry to say that I have no power to check your vehicle and see what user name you had previously. Is there any way that you can remember it?
If not, you may have to call Hyundai, or take it to a dealership for that brand, and have them retrieve it. This would no doubt be expensive enough, and take time... so, try to recall any username (and password) you may have set up for *any* device in the car and in the system.
If it is requiring an initial username (e.g. after the device in the dashboard has been unplugged for a while, then reconnected... or if the car's battery was replaced, or if the car's battery was disconnected at either or both pole... ), then try to find out what new username would both suit you, and not contain too many characters, nor the wrong characters. I would suggest something like
yourname15
or the like, where 'yourname' is your name, with no spaces, and in lower-case lettering. See if it accepts that. Or, enter whatever username you think would be the sort you would choose for this system and this accessing of it.
Even if that doesn't work, let me know what the exact script of the prompt for a username is, and where exactly (what screen of what device) it occurs, and after you do, or try to do, what, does it appear?
That information might prompt further advice to you, or more accurate and simple advice. So let me know, please. Thanks.