Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  30 year ASE Master tech
2947720

Hyundai Elantra: 2004 elantra front end collision no air bag

Customer Question

2004 elantra front end collision no air bag deployment but air bag light has come on and wont go out. I have tried unhooking battery to see if that will reset the air bag light but it has not gone out. It will not pass inspection like this please help
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome, thank you for using our site. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
.
It is possible that the front impact sensor is bad from the hit, however,
There are many areas of the SRS or airbag system that will cause the light to come on or blink. You will want to get the code(s) read to see what area the problem is in. Then we will have a better understanding of what the problem may be.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how will I go about getting the codes how much will it cost me
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Normally a good reputable shop will have the scan tool for that, they shouldn't charge much if anything but most of the body shops can also read the codes and in some cases clear them out, depending on what the problem is.
.
If it is the front sensor they are about $75 with 45 minutes labor. With a diagnostic charge, (if any) it would be more, normally one hour.
.
Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.
.
Thanks and come again, anytime.
.