Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

P0106 2010 sonata 4 cyl where to go with this one?

Customer Question

p0106 2010 sonata 4 cyl where to go with this one?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI
Check for air intake leaks, vacuum leaks and repair as needed. If ok, check for breaks, chafing or loose wires at the MAP sensor. If ok replace the MAP sensor
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
Hi, in case you need the location of map sensor Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
car came to me with light on and new sensor already in it. no leaks. smoked the intake. nothing. wires and connections fine.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Rare that it happens, but occasionally the TP sensor will set this MAP sensor fault. Check TP sensor operation and replace if needed. If ok, and you are sure of the wiring, then the only remaining cause is the ecm
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sent it to the dealer
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
ok