Greg
Greg, import technician
Experience:  27 year and 16 year as shop owner, import technician
29331485

Hyundai Santa Fe GLS: Daniel I'm having a problem with my

Customer Question

Hi Daniel I'm having a problem with my 2010 Santa Fe gls. It has 85000 miles. After I drive for a while,it doesn't do it when it's cold there's a banging or a thumping in the rear when I take off from a complete stop. Sometimes when i climb a hill and it kicks into passing gear bangs multiple times. Hope u can help.
Thank you, Vinnie
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Hi Vinnie ..
You should be still under drive-train warranty as this is a transmission issue ,check with your local Hyundai dealer if you are still covered .
If not you will have to have this checked at a local transmission shop .
But like all transmission issue first check the transmission fluid level and condition , if low top up to correct level .
Fluid should be a nice transparent red to light brown ,if dark brown to black then you have internal damage and will need a transmission shop to investigate further ..
If you have no warning lights on when the engine is running then you may have the common issue of being low on transmission fluid .
You check this with the engine warm and at idle in PARK.
If you have to fill up with fluid make sure you use the recommended fluid.. Hyundai Transmission Fluid HY SPIII ATF Trans Fluid 00232-19012
Please rate my help a good to excellent if you are satisfied .
If not ready to rate don't rate poor or bad service as we can continue to work on this issue or I can opt out and recommend another expert .
After accepting there is no extra charge for further assistance.
If I don't reply soon I will as quickly as I can when i get back on line.
Kind regards Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Greg. I thought that's what it was. I took it to the dealer 4 a tranny service and they told me I don't have to touch it till 100,000 miles. I'll bring it back. Thank you
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Great news money stays in your pocket..
Kindest regards Greg