George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Hyundai Sonata GLS: i have a 2003 hyundai sonata gls the key

Customer Question

i have a 2003 hyundai sonata gls the key remote won't unlock the back doors, but they will lock with the remote. Many times I have to push the unlock button on the remote 4 or more times before the front doors unlock. The central locking button inside on the drivers side will work and other times i can't even use it to lock or unlock. I hear a moaning noise when I try the key fob remote to lock or unlock, the sound appears to be coming from the rear doors. If i use the key to unlock the door locks then the alarm goes off. Any ideas? Is there a way to disarm the alarm so I can use the key? Obviously with the age of the car I don't want to spend a great deal to fix it .Thank you
Bill
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris