Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2009 Hyundai Genesis. Went to have it smog and came

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Hyundai Genesis. Went to have it smog and came up OBII Monitors Not Ready. Hyundai dealer no help.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,

Ok, to get the monitors to readiness, you need to perform a specific drive cycle, which is condition based, not mileage. Below is the drive cycle and you will need to perform it exactly as stated, in the order stated. You will need to do this 2 days in a row to set the monitors to readiness

1. Ensure that the fuel tank is between 1/4 and 3/4 full.

2. Start cold (below 86°F /30°C- let it sit overnight) and warm up until engine coolant temperature is at least 160° F (typically requires at least one minute; up to 3 minutes).

3. Accelerate to 40-55 MPH at 25% throttle and maintain speed for five minutes.

4. Decelerate without using the brake (coast down) to 20 MPH or less, then stop the vehicle. Allow the engine to idle for 10 seconds, turn the key off, and wait one minute.

5. Restart and accelerate to 40-55 MPH at 25% throttle and maintain speed for two minutes.

6. Decelerate without using the brake [or the clutch!] by coasting down to 20 MPH or less, then stop the vehicle. Allow the engine to idle for 10 seconds, turn the key off, and wait one minute.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks