Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Hyundai Elantra GLS: I have a 2009 Hyundai Elantra Gls, the

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Hyundai Elantra Gls, the car broke down last August. Radiator blew a hole in it. I had radiator and thermostat replaced. Hoses were also replaced. Car started bucking shortly after this and bucks when I slow down for a stoplight and accelerate from a complete stop. This does not happen until the car is warmed up. It runs fine for the first 20 minutes. Then the bucking starts. I have taken it to the dealer (the check engine light does not come on) and they cannot diagnose anything if the check engine light comes on they said. I had them replace the gas/aerators (2 on this car top and bottom) and had them check the pressure for the fuel pump ( it's OK) and had them replace the gas filter. This seems to help a little but bucking still occurs when coming to a stop or accelerating.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I need help. I wrote you asking for help but you did not give me even one answer. I would like your opinion on what is wrong with my car and why it still bucks after warming up when I accelerate or brake. What can I do now?
Hi
Was the fuel pressure checked while driving and while this was occurring?
Did they run a power balance test to see which cylinder is causing this?
My current suggestions are to spray and scrub clean the throttle body and spray clean the MAF sensor. I am not sure this is going to solve it, but it will help for now till I get more info.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris