K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Asian Import Specialist, ASE Certified Technician AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

Hyundai Santa Fe: I have a 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe; the OBD will

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe; the OBD will not connect with any diagnostic equipment; the test equipment says no connection. I (we, test techs, etc), have used varied manufactures test equipment, all with the same results. The car cannot pass the emissions test in this condition. The only thing that has changed about the car is the radio; we changed it for an after market model. I found another factory radio and installed it without any change in results. All of the techs say the ecu needs to be replaced. I don't know how that would fix the problem when the car functions perfectly. Any ideas?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.
Hello, using an ohm meter make sure you have continuity to ground on pins 4 and 5 of the data link connector. Let me know what you find and we can work further. Copy and paste the link below in your web browser for a diagram of the connector.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/103900598/dlc.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have 0 OHMS between pins 4 & 5
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pins 4&5 are ground do you have the pin out of the ecu? Maybe the inside of the ecu?