Eric Gardner
Eric Gardner, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE, Bachelors Degree in Automotive Technology, Automotive Technician for 5 years
78075103

Hyundai Santa Fe GLS: Wife just called me. 2010 Santa Fe passenger

Customer Question

Wife just called me. 2010 Santa Fe passenger seat belt is stuck. Passenger shimmied out but, still stuck. Is there a release lever, button, etc.? Please advise. Thanks
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Eric Gardner replied 1 year ago.
Hello, sorry for the late reply. I have seen this happen before and there are a few things we can do.
I am sure that buckle on this car is still under warranty and should be taken to the dealer to be replaced. Most manufacturers have a 7-8 year warranty on seat belts and buckles.
If the dealer gives you fits about replacing the buckle, you can spray some WD-40 into the buckle slot and then wiggle the buckle around while pressing the release button and 9 times out of 10 it will release.
Before trying the WD-40, first take the vehicle to the dealer to have it replaced under warranty.
I hope this helps!