internal88
internal88, Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years in the Import Auto industry. Engineering background and diagnostic is my specialty.
63512786

Hyundai Sonata GLS: My engine light came on this morning on

Customer Question

My engine light came on this morning on the way to work. The car seemed to be running rough and didn't respond well when I hit the gas pedal. This was on the interstate going about 75 mph. The light went out temporarliy when I got to work after I got off the interstate then came back on just before I turned the car off. It was idlying very rough.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Brandon - Hyundai tech.
I believe you were experiencing a misfire in the ignition coil. Multi-misfire can affect the rough idle and engine performance. However you must scan the vehicle with an OBD2 scanner to get the trouble code. The code should start with a P prefix. Once you get the code, I can help you further. You could get it scan at your local autozone store.
Please rate me positive for the prompt service.
Thank you,
Brandon