Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Hyundai Sante Fe: 2004 Sante Fe 3.5 litre automaticlast night

Customer Question

2004 Sante Fe 3.5 litre automatic
last night I found the battery was dead. I removed the negative cable from the battery, and put my charger on in the 10 amp position. When the battery had charged, I connected the common cable on and the car started screaming an ear piercing alarm i removed the neg cable and searched for the alarm, and disconnected the alarm. then I put the cable back on the battery, noticing a slight spark. took the cable back off and olmed out from the negative post on the battery to the body and found i had voltage. what are the first things I should be taking to find where the short? Is this a common problem or an arent problem.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.

I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.

Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.

I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.

If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.

Thanks Chris

Remove your negative battery cable. With nothing electrical being commanded on, like a door open or light on. Connect a digital volt meter set to DC mA to the negative post and negative cable. 30 minutes later you should not see more than 80 mA draw. Let me know what you have?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris