Greg
Greg, import technician
Experience:  27 year and 16 year as shop owner, import technician
29331485

Hyundai Entourage Limited: I have a 2007 hyundai entourage

Customer Question

I have a 2007 hyundai entourage with an air bag sensor light on - took it to my local garage and he read the codes - B1322 , B1324, B1400 Vehicle was not in an accident but had a strange occurrence the other night - started with brake light on, parking brake not engaged. I was checking to see if there was enough brake fluid when the car alarm went off - figured i must have hit the button on the key fob in my pocket while leaning on the car. Turned it off with key fob. Brake fluid was fine. went inside figuring service on brakes needed. 15 min later alarm went off again. turned it off with fob. 10-15 minutes later it went off again. it was late so I disconnected the + terminal of battery to silence the alarm for the night. When i reconnected brake light went out and SRS light went on (was not on before)
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no more info just no answer
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
First check the battery as the codes B1324 is a low battery condition so this code needs checking first ,i suggest you try a known good battery first .
If battery is good then please get back to me for further assistance .
Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Greg - I am pretty sure it a relatively new battery (< 2 yrs). I haven't had any trouble with starting even leaving the vehicle outside in the northeast winter. I haven't had time to get to the NAPA store to have it tested - I let it sit outside all night - measured 12.36V. Unplugged the negative lead same measurement - let it sit for 30 min to see if codes would reset. still have air bag light after reconnecting. Battery voltage drops to 10.5V during crank then goes to 14.5 running.I can get the battery tested at NAPA to be sure, but it seems ok to me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Greg - just wondering if this is an issue with the weight classification system?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
If battery is okay then clear codes and recheck and let me know what codes come back .
Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have access to a tool for clearing the codes - does unplugging the battery for almost an hour do that? if not I will likely have to take it to the dealer - my local mechanic told me his tool can't clear air bag codes?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
No will not work you need a airbag scan tool to clear codes .
The first code can cause the B1322 code which is the passengers occupants
sensor .
Check the sensor connections .as there is a communication error .
Possible OC module malfunction .
This is a dealer repair and i think you may still be under the airbag warranty ,so check this also ..
Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Greg - the van has 160k miles on it and was purchased used with over 100k so I don't think it is still under warranty but will ask. At least I have the code information when I work with the dealer service team. Thanks for your help trying the easy stuff to potentially save the trip to the dealer.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
The good thing now is that you have an idea what is going on, so let the dealer know this and this will make it harder for them to make up any other story .
Rgds Greg