George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Hyundai XG350L: ,, rear passenger side tire thumps when I

Customer Question

Hi,, rear passenger side tire thumps when I hit a bump. It is a 2004 XG350L great car.
but my guy cannot find the problem. put new shocks and he replaced an arm on the rear with bushings, but it still does it. sounds like it falls and does not return until the road levels.
thanks ***@******.***
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello I will help you with your question,
Without hearing the noise I can only make a suggestion but have the mechanic check the exhaust pipe to be sure it is not hitting the body. It runs down that side and makes a bend right by that tire so it may be loose from its hangers. You can grab the tailpipe at the rear with a rag and give it a good shake, if you hear the thumping that could be what needs to be addressed. When the car is up on a lift it gets a little more clearance so your mechanic might have missed it but they should check before they do work for the noise then check after the work to be sure what they did solved the problem you brought to their attention.
Let me know how I can help you with your question
Thank you