peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Hyundai Elantra: My keyless entry system doesn't work when

Customer Question

My keyless entry system doesn't work when I am at my friend's house. It works everywhere else. I have to hit it multiple times until the door will open, but only when it is in her driveway. Both key fobs have the same problem. Have you ever heard of anything like this?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This sounds like a component in the area of your friends house is causing electrical interference with the remote signals.I have seen this occur before with radio towers and other components in an area that are emitting signals.I suspect this is the case here on your model.Usually there isn't a correction for this fault if it only occurs in one area like this here as this is an interference issue that usually cannot be bypassed or corrected.
Thanks Pete